Quick and easy one pot and one bowl recipe. Add rice and you have a complete meal! Use frozen chicken with no defrosting if you forgot to start dinner earlier. Half an hour start to finish, with minimal kitchen time. Makes great leftovers.
2-3 boneless chicken breasts
2 cups of broccoli (frozen or fresh)
1.5 cups peanut butter (sunbutter works too, if using reduced fat pb add 1 tsp olive oil too)
2 cloves of garlic (minced)
2 tsp soy sauce
2 tbs brown sugar
1/8 tsp red spicy chili sauce (optional)
1. Boil chicken until cooked through. I usually use frozen.
2. Assemble sauce. I usually do it in a glass measuring cup. it may be thick. can be microwaved for 15 seconds to make it easier to stir. Will not be perfectly smooth. Adjust soy sauce and sugar to taste.
2. Remove chicken and keep the water boiling and add broccoli to cook.
3. Shred the chicken.
4. Drain broccoli when done cooking. Reserve a little bit of water.
5. Mix chicken, broccoli and sauce in the same pot. If the sauce is too thick add a bit of the water. Serve over rice.